- Longview, Washington State to Rochester, Washington State – about 65 miles (104km)
- Breakfast: oats, Mexican vanilla flavoured corn-flour, bit of bran, a few flax seeds, half a pear and boiling water
- Snacks: cold cooked potato and small banana (wow)
- Lunch: pozole, beans and pasta sauce and a few lentils left over from night before
- Dinner: weak onion broth, some root veg, small portion of lentils and cracked barley
Could not believe the difference a cold cooked potato and small banana made… went from being cold, tired, hungry, wet and grumpy to singing in the rain!
While I would like to be writing about an amazing 60+ miles of riding in the rain all day I can’t. I have no energy or mental capacity to put together something insightful or even observant.
Even now after a great dinner of cracked barley, onion broth and a couple of vegies, I’m spent.
Tomorrow is only a 35 mile day so hopefully I can pull a few words together as I have seen and thought of lots of cool perspectives and experiencing everything through the wonderful veil of Live Below the Line, including right now which is I can’t be arsed…!
Tomorrow could also be a deciding day as my knee is sick even with creams, ibuprofen and strapping and if it doesn’t hold up tomorrow on a short ride I will have to take a look at what I can do from here…
Beautiful day in the rain which was non-stop and went from dry rain (raining but not really getting wet) to pouring rain.
I am now in a great place to spend the night with vege farmer Joseph (he didn’t give me free vegies, well he did, but I costed them into budget) in a small farm house surrounded in birds, frogs, rivers, trees and pure life!
Going to bed! I’m also putting together crappy short video each day of you want to see – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuYYeS3hBow (Day 1) and http://youtu.be/oQctVqU3jjA (Day 2)
It took ages just to edit this post which I couldn’t be arsed to write and certainly shouldn’t have been buggered to edit to give you the effect…