My global education journey started as a teacher in a remote Aboriginal school in the desert of South Australia. Since then I’ve spent the past 11 years teaching, volunteering and learning in over 50 countries.
With these amazing rich learning experiences I mix information with inspiration and shared them with audiences in developed countries. Using my own personal stories and the Global Poverty Project’s 1.4 Billion Reasons interactive multimedia presentation we encourage people to go from knowing about the topics and issues on extreme poverty to taking action on them.
I have been a key member of the Global Poverty Project since the first 1.4 Billion Reasons presentation on 4 July 2009 in Melbourne, have delivered over 100 GPP presentations and initiated and managed the youth and schools program in Australia.
My previous presentation cycling trips include South Australia (2007), New Zealand (2009) and the East Coast of Australia (2009). Each with their unique blend of global and environmental awareness.
I am extremely passionate and excited for my first presentation cycling tour in the US and Canada to give your youth and communities an opportunity to experience a GPP 1.4 Billion Reasons presentation and to promote the Live Below the Line campaign for May.
For more information please go to:
- The GPP website: www.globalpovertyproject.com;
- Live Below the Line website: http://www.livebelowtheline.com;
- My relevant blog for this tour: http://lunnyLBTL.wordpress.com
- A detailed look at the 1.4 Billion Reasons for Youth presentation: http://prezi.com/wslu0uacgxrr/14-billion-reasons-for-youth-information-and-inspiration/;
- My bio on the GPP website: http://www.globalpovertyproject.com/pages/presenterprofiledarcy or
- Contact me directly on email@example.com , Skype: Lunny06 and Twitter: @darcylunn